We offer a variety of Massage and soft tissue therapies. It is important to see one of our physiotherapists first if your issue has not been diagnosed or seen to before.
Sports Massage, Remedial Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Pregnancy and Postnatal Massage, Soft tissue therapy.
- Sports Massage - This involves the specific application of massage techniques, range of motion/flexibility protocol and strength training principles utilised to achieve a specific goal when treating an athlete. Sports massage can be used prior to and after exercise to enhance performance, aid recovery and prevent injury.
- Remedial Massage - This relates to the systematic assessment and treatment of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues of the body to assist in rehabilitation, pain and injury management. Remedial massage may be beneficial in the treatment of conditions such as sciatica, carpel tunnel and headaches.
- Deep Tissue Massage - deep pressure is applied to relieve muscle tension.
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Massage - Massage therapy during pregnancy is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness. Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and swelling.
- Soft tissue therapy - This uses a variety of treatments including massage to alleviate pain and tension, increase flexibility, strength and promote wellness.
Our massage services are consistent with our philosophy of being here for all. There are many health benefits to regular massage:
- Easing of muscular pain to allow for easier movement and realign imbalances
- It can help to lower the heart rate and blood pressure
- Assists athletic recovery and improves performance
- Helps to sooth anxiety, reduce stress and depression
- Improves sleep
- Boosts immunity
- Aids relaxation
- Improves circulation
- Relieves tension headaches
- Reduces symptoms of arthritis
- Can help with labour pains and delivery
Our massage therapists are Kirsty Birnie, Dan Robinson, and Dan Bryan.
Kirsty has a special interest in pre and post-natal massage therapy and is already helping patients in need of this care and support. She also works with Judy as part of our Women’s Health service.
Dan Robinson is working closely with our clinic based physiotherapists. He offers Sports Massage and other massage therapies.
Dan Bryan's specialisations are centred around soft tissue therapy, corrective exercise, human movement science, sports performance enhancement fitness and education.
We have a team approach of cross referral so we can ensure the patient receives the right care from the right professional.